Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Life

This past week, one of our assignments was to research a Graphic Designer or Illustrator. I chose to research Michael C. Place. He is a famous Graphic Designer. His most famous piece is "Symbolism". I also had to recreate on of his artworks, with my personal touch to it. I chose to recreate his "Symbolism".

I chose to do the word "Life" and within "Life" there are Chinese symbols that represent Life, such as wisdom, family, friends, happiness, courage, and many more. There are over 50 different symbols, and none of which are repeated throughout the word "Life". I had a wonderful time recreating this artwork and I really enjoyed the recreation. Made me think outside my box and be like a famous Graphic Designer. This is my recreation of Michael's artwork!!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, thorough posts, but you might consider changing your font. It's very difficult to read for body copy. Also...please post some more recent projects too.

    ReplyDelete